Stammershalle Badehotel was built in 1911 by a German merchant as a summer residence. In the 1930s he began to fly German guests straight from Berlin to the airport in Rø. At the hotel the guests could recover, enjoy the magnificent nature and fresh air before returning to the big city.
Behind the hotel the owner placed a small zoo which, among other animals, had lions and bears.
Today it is still possible to see the remains of the caves which the bears lived in.
The Vang-Hansen family ran the hotel for many years with food, music, dancing and of course a lot of guests. For many years the hotel was the pivotal point of family gatherings and parties.
In 2011 the present owners Henriette Lassen and Henrik Petersen took over. It is their aim to make this hotel a nice place to stay based on excellent food and great hospitality.